Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GRAND.

This past week I traveled to see the beauty and majesty of the Grand Canyon with 3 acquaintances of mine. I came away with a friend for life. Sadly, only one and I am really mad about it. I despise confrontation but I also severely dislike being told what to do which led to some discord this past week.  I am frustrated because I really needed the vacation from school and life in a big way. I wanted to sit at the edge of the vast Grand Canyon and ponder life and all its promises. I wanted to drive toward the sunshine and sing my heart out, play games, laugh until my stomach ached and just have fun. Some of these things happened but all of them were overshadowed by the rest of the trip. The more I think about it, the more angry I get.

This purge is one of catharsis so I can smile a real smile at the person who changed the tambour of my vacation and be done with the angry feelings. There was nothing major that "ruined" things per se, just a lot of small issues that tipped my scale. I would like to blame a large portion of my bad blood on the lack of sleep, hunger, and an edge from my sore achy foot. I can be accountable for all of those feelings.

No comments: